Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane?
Issue: A reader asked about the residential construction located south of Walnut St. between the police station and city buildings housing the recycling center and maintenance operations. He wants to know what types of apartments are being built. "I cannot find any information on the Internet," he wrote.
Status: The latest construction project in an evolving new neighborhood includes the construction of two buildings of market-rate apartments, said Ald. Cheryl Berdan. The residences will be spread between two buildings, which sit in an area among senior subsidized housing and a senior assisted living facility.
"Originally, there was talk of including retail, but I don't know how that would work in that area," Belkin said.
The neighborhood has attracted people who want to live in the city, Belkin said.
"People want to move to Tosa because of the expansion of the research park and the medical facilities," Belkin said.
The city sold the land in 2007 to Brookfield-based developer Helmut Toldt, who worked with the city while phasing in the various pieces of construction.
The city's development department did not provide further details, and repeated calls to the developer were not returned.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done to the Hoyt Park pedestrian bridge?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are the new lights going in LEDs?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is there a partial brick alley between 102nd and 103rd streets?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?