Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What is happening at the residential property at 2208 N. 104th Street?
Issue: A neighbor of the property wanted to know about this local "eyesore."
"The property was in foreclosure at the time of an extensive fire in January, causing $150,000 worth of damage," she wrote. "There are large amounts of debris and filled Dumpsters, but no occupants living there and no obvious action being taken."
Status: I stopped by to check and found the home boarded up and a large Dumpster filled with material on the front lawn near the driveway. A small amount of debris lay outside the container.
Kimberly Betza, the city's code compliance officer, said she was not aware of the property's current condition and that official foreclosure information from Milwaukee County had not yet reached her office. She said the last complaint the city received about the property was in 2010, and that was because the lawn needed mowing.
"I was not aware of the Dumpster or the debris," Betza said, "so we will get out there to inspect. I'm surprised that we have not received anything directly from neighbors or the alderman. That is a common way we learn about these types of conditions."
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the work under way at North Avenue and Highway 45/41?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What are the legal requirements of a fire pit?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city act when a building needs a new paint job?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the school district paid for the cell tower at Whitman Middle School?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Who regulates lawn care companies?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?