Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What is happening at the residential property at 2208 N. 104th Street?
Issue: A neighbor of the property wanted to know about this local "eyesore."
"The property was in foreclosure at the time of an extensive fire in January, causing $150,000 worth of damage," she wrote. "There are large amounts of debris and filled Dumpsters, but no occupants living there and no obvious action being taken."
Status: I stopped by to check and found the home boarded up and a large Dumpster filled with material on the front lawn near the driveway. A small amount of debris lay outside the container.
Kimberly Betza, the city's code compliance officer, said she was not aware of the property's current condition and that official foreclosure information from Milwaukee County had not yet reached her office. She said the last complaint the city received about the property was in 2010, and that was because the lawn needed mowing.
"I was not aware of the Dumpster or the debris," Betza said, "so we will get out there to inspect. I'm surprised that we have not received anything directly from neighbors or the alderman. That is a common way we learn about these types of conditions."
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done to the Hoyt Park pedestrian bridge?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are the new lights going in LEDs?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is there a partial brick alley between 102nd and 103rd streets?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will there be more caution signs at Martha Washington Drive and Milwaukee Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are new streetlights being placed because of coyote sightings?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the zoo building a new entrance?
- Ask Now: Why did we hear so much gunfire from the Wauwatosa Police Department in the fall?