Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
What can be done about barking dogs?
Issue: A reader complained that his neighbor has two dogs that bark excessively when kept outside and he wants to know what he can do about it.
Status: Wauwatosa Police Lt. Randolph Scott said that residents who are bothered by loud barking can contact the Police Department to report a noise violation.
Officers will then go to the property that was complained about and investigate, Scott said. But, when the officers arrive the problem has usually gone away or was nonexistent, he adds.
If there is a problem when the officers get to the property, they will check the history and see if the property has been complained about before, Scott said. If there is a history of complaints, the officers may issue a citation.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?
- Ask NOW: Will the abandoned car lots on Burleigh and 112th be developed?
- Ask NOW: When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?