Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
What can be done about barking dogs?
Issue: A reader complained that his neighbor has two dogs that bark excessively when kept outside and he wants to know what he can do about it.
Status: Wauwatosa Police Lt. Randolph Scott said that residents who are bothered by loud barking can contact the Police Department to report a noise violation.
Officers will then go to the property that was complained about and investigate, Scott said. But, when the officers arrive the problem has usually gone away or was nonexistent, he adds.
If there is a problem when the officers get to the property, they will check the history and see if the property has been complained about before, Scott said. If there is a history of complaints, the officers may issue a citation.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?