Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
What are the plans for Ronald McDonald House?
Issue: The Ronald McDonald House is expanding and a reader wants to know when and where this expansion will take place. She is concerned that it will affect the dog park.
Status: Ann Petrie, CEO of the Ronald McDonald House, said that the expansion includes plans to add 37 additional guest rooms, remodel the kitchen and expand the parking lot. The expansion will begin in the spring around March or April, Petrie added.
She said the expansion will not affect the dog park as the dog park is not on the Ronald McDonald House land.
"We certainly are supportive of that dog park," Petrie said. "We don't see any reason that people wouldn't still be able to walk their dogs there after the expansion."
Project architect Robert Kramer confirmed that he project will not begin until next spring, and said the construction period will last about a year.
City planner Tammy Szudy said the project has received zoning approvals.
Development coordinator Karl Schreiber said a building permit has not yet been applied for. The expansion, which will add 30,000 square feet, has been approved by the Common Council.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?
- Ask NOW: Are repairs on tap for 60th Street?
- Ask NOW: Why isn't the wall at the Greenfield Ave. bridge finished?
- Ask NOW: Building once housed pediatric clinic, soon to be home to law firm
- Ask NOW: Why are there only turn lanes at Highway 100 and Potter Road/Research Drive?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a cul de sac at Capitol and Lisbon?
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Ask NOW: Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
- Ask NOW: What is the story behind vacant Colony Camera building in Wauwatosa?
- Ask NOW: Will 68th and Milwaukee ever get stoplights?