Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
What are the plans for Ronald McDonald House?
Issue: The Ronald McDonald House is expanding and a reader wants to know when and where this expansion will take place. She is concerned that it will affect the dog park.
Status: Ann Petrie, CEO of the Ronald McDonald House, said that the expansion includes plans to add 37 additional guest rooms, remodel the kitchen and expand the parking lot. The expansion will begin in the spring around March or April, Petrie added.
She said the expansion will not affect the dog park as the dog park is not on the Ronald McDonald House land.
"We certainly are supportive of that dog park," Petrie said. "We don't see any reason that people wouldn't still be able to walk their dogs there after the expansion."
Project architect Robert Kramer confirmed that he project will not begin until next spring, and said the construction period will last about a year.
City planner Tammy Szudy said the project has received zoning approvals.
Development coordinator Karl Schreiber said a building permit has not yet been applied for. The expansion, which will add 30,000 square feet, has been approved by the Common Council.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the school district paid for the cell tower at Whitman Middle School?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Who regulates lawn care companies?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done to the Hoyt Park pedestrian bridge?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are the new lights going in LEDs?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is there a partial brick alley between 102nd and 103rd streets?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?