Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
What are the plans for Ronald McDonald House?
Issue: The Ronald McDonald House is expanding and a reader wants to know when and where this expansion will take place. She is concerned that it will affect the dog park.
Status: Ann Petrie, CEO of the Ronald McDonald House, said that the expansion includes plans to add 37 additional guest rooms, remodel the kitchen and expand the parking lot. The expansion will begin in the spring around March or April, Petrie added.
She said the expansion will not affect the dog park as the dog park is not on the Ronald McDonald House land.
"We certainly are supportive of that dog park," Petrie said. "We don't see any reason that people wouldn't still be able to walk their dogs there after the expansion."
Project architect Robert Kramer confirmed that he project will not begin until next spring, and said the construction period will last about a year.
City planner Tammy Szudy said the project has received zoning approvals.
Development coordinator Karl Schreiber said a building permit has not yet been applied for. The expansion, which will add 30,000 square feet, has been approved by the Common Council.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why does the Police Department continue to publish a paper version of its newsletter?
- Ask Now: Will the city fix 68th Street between State Street and Milwaukee Avenue?
- Ask Now: Why is there snow on the sidewalk on a stretch along Potter Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will North Avenue west of Mayfair Road be fixed?
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: How does the Peony Restaurant stay open?
- Ask Now: What is happening to the lagoon area north of Burleigh Street on the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What does the city earn, or lose, on its recycling program?
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?