Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
Should recyclables be bagged?
Issue: A reader noticed that his neighbors put their recyclables in a plastic garbage bag and then put those bags in the cart. But, the reader simply puts the recyclables directly in the cart without a bag. He wants to know which way is correct.
Status: Mike Kreiter, operations superintendent with the Department of Public Works, said residents should put tall recyclables directly in the recycling carts, except for shredded paper, which may be placed in a bag. Putting other recyclable items in a bag makes it harder for the automatic sorting process.
"If the general public could see how advanced the sorting system is, they would be amazed," Kreiter said.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?
- Ask NOW: Will the abandoned car lots on Burleigh and 112th be developed?
- Ask NOW: When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?