Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
New Tosan looking to get kids involved in local leagues
Issue: A reader recently moved into the area and has two sons. She wants to know what sports leagues are available and how to get her sons involved in the leagues.
Status: I talked to Kristin Murphy, program coordinator for the Wauwatosa Recreation Department, and she said information about available programs and online registration can be found online by visiting www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/tosarec. The "Youth Sports" link will take you to information on the many athletic leagues and camps offered in the community for younger kids, including contact information for groups like the Tosa Baseball League, Tosa Kickers, Wauwatosa Soccer Club, Jr. Raiders and Jr. Trojans football, and more.
There also are links for "Teen Sports" and "Adult Sports" with similar information for those age groups, as well as links to non-sports activities.
The Wauwatosa Public Library offers free Internet use, so people without computers can still visit these webpages.
For more information, call the Recreation Department at (414) 773-2900. People also can register in person at the rec department office, 11324 W. Center St., or by mail or fax.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's under that red tent on Burleigh Road?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is Tosa's ZIP Code 53226 linked to Milwaukee?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's the status of the church for sale on 70th Street?
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa build a sidewalk between Swan Boulevard trails and Discovery Parkway?
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Ask Now: Why does the Police Department continue to publish a paper version of its newsletter?
- Ask Now: Will the city fix 68th Street between State Street and Milwaukee Avenue?
- Ask Now: Why is there snow on the sidewalk on a stretch along Potter Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will North Avenue west of Mayfair Road be fixed?
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: How does the Peony Restaurant stay open?
- Ask Now: What is happening to the lagoon area north of Burleigh Street on the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What does the city earn, or lose, on its recycling program?
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?