Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
New Tosan looking to get kids involved in local leagues
Issue: A reader recently moved into the area and has two sons. She wants to know what sports leagues are available and how to get her sons involved in the leagues.
Status: I talked to Kristin Murphy, program coordinator for the Wauwatosa Recreation Department, and she said information about available programs and online registration can be found online by visiting www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/tosarec. The "Youth Sports" link will take you to information on the many athletic leagues and camps offered in the community for younger kids, including contact information for groups like the Tosa Baseball League, Tosa Kickers, Wauwatosa Soccer Club, Jr. Raiders and Jr. Trojans football, and more.
There also are links for "Teen Sports" and "Adult Sports" with similar information for those age groups, as well as links to non-sports activities.
The Wauwatosa Public Library offers free Internet use, so people without computers can still visit these webpages.
For more information, call the Recreation Department at (414) 773-2900. People also can register in person at the rec department office, 11324 W. Center St., or by mail or fax.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the work under way at North Avenue and Highway 45/41?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What are the legal requirements of a fire pit?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city act when a building needs a new paint job?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the school district paid for the cell tower at Whitman Middle School?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Who regulates lawn care companies?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done to the Hoyt Park pedestrian bridge?