Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
New Tosan looking to get kids involved in local leagues
Issue: A reader recently moved into the area and has two sons. She wants to know what sports leagues are available and how to get her sons involved in the leagues.
Status: I talked to Kristin Murphy, program coordinator for the Wauwatosa Recreation Department, and she said information about available programs and online registration can be found online by visiting www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/tosarec. The "Youth Sports" link will take you to information on the many athletic leagues and camps offered in the community for younger kids, including contact information for groups like the Tosa Baseball League, Tosa Kickers, Wauwatosa Soccer Club, Jr. Raiders and Jr. Trojans football, and more.
There also are links for "Teen Sports" and "Adult Sports" with similar information for those age groups, as well as links to non-sports activities.
The Wauwatosa Public Library offers free Internet use, so people without computers can still visit these webpages.
For more information, call the Recreation Department at (414) 773-2900. People also can register in person at the rec department office, 11324 W. Center St., or by mail or fax.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?