Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What will happen to the Edwardo's site?
Issue: Our reader asked the following hopeful question: "Is there a chance Edwardo's will reopen in a few months?"
Status: It looks like Edwardo's, 10845 W. Bluemound Rd., will not reopen after 27 years. Company and property officials are mum on the subject, but a recent visit to the site provided a few details.
Laura Brauer, a long-time employee of neighboring Suburpia, said a manager of Edwardo's informed area businesses they would close on March 16. She said the manager was transferred to a Lake Geneva establishment owned by Edwardo's parent company, Bravo Restaurants Inc., and some restaurant employees were hired at other company sites.
The vacated restaurant currently is a training site for Peet's Coffee and Tea, a new-to-Milwaukee retailer soon to open in the former Caribou Coffee at the northeast corner of Bluemound and Mayfair Roads.
A Peet's trainer, who identified himself as Tom, said the company will be using the Edwardo's site for a few months.
Ald. Jeffrey Roznowski, former chair of the Community Development Committee, served in that position at the time of Edwardo's closing. He said he did not know all the reasons but assumed the vacancy to be partly caused by local road construction.
"It was very difficult for the businesses, but everything is almost back to normal," Roznowski said. "Now that the construction is about complete, we are seeing more retail back there."
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)