Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
Inability to get trees trimmed irks Tosa man
Issue: A reader has several city trees in front of his house, and they have many dead branches he would like to have trimmed. The city isn't scheduled to trim the trees for another five years so he has offered to pay a private company to do the work - however, city staff told him this wasn't allowed.
Status: Ken Walbrant, superintendent for parks and forestry, said he understands that trees produce deadwood all the time and that even trees that were pruned last fall already have deadwood.
But, the city doesn't allow residents or private contractors to cut city trees because there are liability and quality-control concerns in doing so.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Ask NOW: Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
- Ask NOW: What is the story behind vacant Colony Camera building in Wauwatosa?
- Ask NOW: Will 68th and Milwaukee ever get stoplights?
- Ask NOW: Should Tosans be concerned about coyotes?
- Ask NOW: Why is the main North Avenue entrance to Mayfair Mall closed?
- Ask NOW: Why did someone tear down a house near Wauwatosa East High School?
- Ask NOW: When will the house near 76th and Wright streets be completed?
- Ask NOW: How does the city decide which sidewalk squares to replace?
- Ask NOW: When will the city provide more off-street parking for North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will the Watertown Plank Road reconstruction project include converting the coal plant?
- Ask NOW: What's happening with the Smoothie Stop building?
- Ask NOW: Loose board on railroad overpass worries reader
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cleaning storm sewer grates?
- Ask NOW: Is there a limit to how many rummage sales one residence can hold?
- Ask NOW: Why are dogs allowed at Hart Park playground?
- Ask NOW: Why did the launch site for Wauwatosa's fireworks move?
- Ask NOW: Why isn't the dip at northbound ramp at Highway 45 and Swan Boulevard being fixed?
- Ask NOW: Will the land to the west of the recently completed Hart Park bridge at 70th Street be re-landscaped?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue be repaved and its bridges rebuilt?