Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
Issue: A reader is concerned with the mall expanding without additional parking. "I always thought there had to be so many parking spaces available per shop or business area," she wrote. "Mayfair is crowded as is. Are there parking structures being planned?
Status: Yes, an additional parking structure with 661 spaces is planned. The structure will be open near Boston Store on the mall's east side by the 2014 holiday season, ahead of Mayfair's retail expansion this year and next.
Development Director Paulette Enders said the city's parking requirements include different minimums depending on the business district. She did not specify Mayfair's requirement.
"They will be in compliance," Enders said.
The parking expansion is required because Mayfair is adding additional retail space. General Manager Steve Smith said The Container Store is expected to open early summer 2015 in a separate building at 104th Street and North Avenue, followed by Nordstrom as part of the mall building near Boston Store later that year.
The parking structure, he said, will include direct access to both mall levels.
Mayfair will name at least one other major retailer at a later date, Smith said.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can Tosa Presbyterian put a "Do Not Enter" sign in the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the gym floors at Longellow and Tosa East in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's under that red tent on Burleigh Road?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is Tosa's ZIP Code 53226 linked to Milwaukee?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's the status of the church for sale on 70th Street?
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa build a sidewalk between Swan Boulevard trails and Discovery Parkway?
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Ask Now: Why does the Police Department continue to publish a paper version of its newsletter?
- Ask Now: Will the city fix 68th Street between State Street and Milwaukee Avenue?
- Ask Now: Why is there snow on the sidewalk on a stretch along Potter Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will North Avenue west of Mayfair Road be fixed?
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: How does the Peony Restaurant stay open?
- Ask Now: What is happening to the lagoon area north of Burleigh Street on the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What does the city earn, or lose, on its recycling program?
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?