Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
Issue: A reader is concerned with the mall expanding without additional parking. "I always thought there had to be so many parking spaces available per shop or business area," she wrote. "Mayfair is crowded as is. Are there parking structures being planned?
Status: Yes, an additional parking structure with 661 spaces is planned. The structure will be open near Boston Store on the mall's east side by the 2014 holiday season, ahead of Mayfair's retail expansion this year and next.
Development Director Paulette Enders said the city's parking requirements include different minimums depending on the business district. She did not specify Mayfair's requirement.
"They will be in compliance," Enders said.
The parking expansion is required because Mayfair is adding additional retail space. General Manager Steve Smith said The Container Store is expected to open early summer 2015 in a separate building at 104th Street and North Avenue, followed by Nordstrom as part of the mall building near Boston Store later that year.
The parking structure, he said, will include direct access to both mall levels.
Mayfair will name at least one other major retailer at a later date, Smith said.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?
- Ask NOW: Will the abandoned car lots on Burleigh and 112th be developed?
- Ask NOW: When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?
- Ask NOW: Are repairs on tap for 60th Street?