Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
Loose gravel after repaving still flying up at cars
Issue: A reader who lives on 97th Street between Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound Road is irritated because the city resurfaced his road last spring and the new surface consists of loose pebbles that get caught in his tires and rattle against his car while he's driving. He is wondering why this is.
Status: Bill Wehrley, city engineer, explained that the road was seal-coated. This means cars will work the gravel down into the tar as they drive over it. Because this road isn't frequently traveled, the process will take longer.
However, the street will be swept before winter, he said.
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are U-turns at stoplights still illegal?
- Ask Now: Why are some streets covered with gravel?
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?