Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will 60th Street near The Enclave apartments be repaired?
Issue: A reader asked about the need for 60th Street road repairs between State Street and Martha Washington Boulevard, and who will pay for the work.
"It was really torn up during construction of The Enclave," she wrote.
Status: The portion of 60th Street in question actually runs on the east side of The Enclave from State Street north and turns west into Martin Drive before it intersects with Martha Washington Boulevard. Wauwatosa Department of Public Works Director Bill Porter said the roads around the newer apartment complex are not in bad shape.
"I drive through that area and I have not noticed any major problems there," Porter said. "To my knowledge, the builder has made repairs to the street and property that occurred during construction."
Porter added that portion of 60th Street is in the city of Milwaukee. Milwaukee Alderman Michael Murphy said there are no plans to repair that street, noting he has not seen any immediate need.
"I have not received any calls regarding that, but if someone either in Wauwatosa or Milwaukee has a complaint, they can contact my office," Murphy said. "We could request that this be put on the list in 2016."
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will there be more caution signs at Martha Washington Drive and Milwaukee Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are new streetlights being placed because of coyote sightings?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the zoo building a new entrance?
- Ask Now: Why did we hear so much gunfire from the Wauwatosa Police Department in the fall?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?