Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will 60th Street near The Enclave apartments be repaired?
Issue: A reader asked about the need for 60th Street road repairs between State Street and Martha Washington Boulevard, and who will pay for the work.
"It was really torn up during construction of The Enclave," she wrote.
Status: The portion of 60th Street in question actually runs on the east side of The Enclave from State Street north and turns west into Martin Drive before it intersects with Martha Washington Boulevard. Wauwatosa Department of Public Works Director Bill Porter said the roads around the newer apartment complex are not in bad shape.
"I drive through that area and I have not noticed any major problems there," Porter said. "To my knowledge, the builder has made repairs to the street and property that occurred during construction."
Porter added that portion of 60th Street is in the city of Milwaukee. Milwaukee Alderman Michael Murphy said there are no plans to repair that street, noting he has not seen any immediate need.
"I have not received any calls regarding that, but if someone either in Wauwatosa or Milwaukee has a complaint, they can contact my office," Murphy said. "We could request that this be put on the list in 2016."
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: How does the Peony Restaurant stay open?
- Ask Now: What is happening to the lagoon area north of Burleigh Street on the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What does the city earn, or lose, on its recycling program?
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets