Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will 60th Street near The Enclave apartments be repaired?
Issue: A reader asked about the need for 60th Street road repairs between State Street and Martha Washington Boulevard, and who will pay for the work.
"It was really torn up during construction of The Enclave," she wrote.
Status: The portion of 60th Street in question actually runs on the east side of The Enclave from State Street north and turns west into Martin Drive before it intersects with Martha Washington Boulevard. Wauwatosa Department of Public Works Director Bill Porter said the roads around the newer apartment complex are not in bad shape.
"I drive through that area and I have not noticed any major problems there," Porter said. "To my knowledge, the builder has made repairs to the street and property that occurred during construction."
Porter added that portion of 60th Street is in the city of Milwaukee. Milwaukee Alderman Michael Murphy said there are no plans to repair that street, noting he has not seen any immediate need.
"I have not received any calls regarding that, but if someone either in Wauwatosa or Milwaukee has a complaint, they can contact my office," Murphy said. "We could request that this be put on the list in 2016."
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are U-turns at stoplights still illegal?
- Ask Now: Why are some streets covered with gravel?
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are some right lanes striped?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why aren't my neighborhood's trees being trimmed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can Tosa Presbyterian put a "Do Not Enter" sign in the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the gym floors at Longellow and Tosa East in such bad shape?