A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was charged in Milwaukee County Circuit Court with misdemeanor vandalism May 15 after he tried to set fire to a cell mattress at the Wauwatosa Police Department.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Anthony Wal was arrested for drunken driving after making a wrong turn in the 300 block of North 68th Street at 2:24 a.m. May 13. He was taken to the hospital to have blood drawn so his blood-alcohol content could be determined. He repeatedly berated officers as well as a nurse at the hospital.
He continued to act disorderly so he was placed in a prisoner cell to sober up. Dispatchers watching Wal on television screens saw him use a lighter to try to burn a mattress at 5:10 a.m. May 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa students get a taste of Germany through trip abroad