A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was charged in Milwaukee County Circuit Court with misdemeanor vandalism May 15 after he tried to set fire to a cell mattress at the Wauwatosa Police Department.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Anthony Wal was arrested for drunken driving after making a wrong turn in the 300 block of North 68th Street at 2:24 a.m. May 13. He was taken to the hospital to have blood drawn so his blood-alcohol content could be determined. He repeatedly berated officers as well as a nurse at the hospital.
He continued to act disorderly so he was placed in a prisoner cell to sober up. Dispatchers watching Wal on television screens saw him use a lighter to try to burn a mattress at 5:10 a.m. May 13.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?