A 26-year-old Milwaukee man accused of drunken driving in the early morning hours after Election Day wanted to talk politics during his arrest, Wauwatosa police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was stopped by police in the 7400 block of West State Street at 12:58 a.m. Nov. 7 after his vehicle crossed the centerline multiple times. As he pulled over, he hit the curb, according to the police report.
The man immediately began mumbling about President Barack Obama when officers approached him. They told him they believed he had been drinking, and he replied, "You're the man, and if you say I did it, then I did," the report states.
He was driving with a suspended license, and when officers confronted him about it, he began talking about politics again.
The man told police he had left from a game of poker and wanted to celebrate Obama's re-election. He then began "rambling about other issues again," the report states.
The passenger in his car was holding a beer can when he was pulled over. She claimed that it was empty and being used as an ashtray.
Refusing a Breathalyzer test, the man was taken to the hospital to have his blood drawn. On the way there, he hit his head on the back of the police car. During the blood draw, he said that the officer "busted" his head in. He later said that he was just joking with the officers.
Blood test results, which will indicate his blood-alcohol content, are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern