Police say an alleged bedding thief did not catching Target employees sleeping on the job.
According to the Wauwatosa police report;
Target employees noticed a 60-year-old Milwaukee man Oct. 18 running a cart through the bedding section of the store, 3900 N. 124th St., at 5:06 p.m, hastily throwing in items. The man then tried to run his cart past security staff, which were waiting by the door and stopped him.
The suspect came quietly, saying he had intended to sell the items on the street for $10 per package. He said that the items sell fast and that he "knew how to sell them."
The suspect has 14 prior charges of retail theft and has been caught for stealing bedding in the past. The total value of stolen items is $420.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair