Police say an alleged bedding thief did not catching Target employees sleeping on the job.
According to the Wauwatosa police report;
Target employees noticed a 60-year-old Milwaukee man Oct. 18 running a cart through the bedding section of the store, 3900 N. 124th St., at 5:06 p.m, hastily throwing in items. The man then tried to run his cart past security staff, which were waiting by the door and stopped him.
The suspect came quietly, saying he had intended to sell the items on the street for $10 per package. He said that the items sell fast and that he "knew how to sell them."
The suspect has 14 prior charges of retail theft and has been caught for stealing bedding in the past. The total value of stolen items is $420.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum