Police say an alleged bedding thief did not catching Target employees sleeping on the job.
According to the Wauwatosa police report;
Target employees noticed a 60-year-old Milwaukee man Oct. 18 running a cart through the bedding section of the store, 3900 N. 124th St., at 5:06 p.m, hastily throwing in items. The man then tried to run his cart past security staff, which were waiting by the door and stopped him.
The suspect came quietly, saying he had intended to sell the items on the street for $10 per package. He said that the items sell fast and that he "knew how to sell them."
The suspect has 14 prior charges of retail theft and has been caught for stealing bedding in the past. The total value of stolen items is $420.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30