Dennis McBride, 4th District alderman for Wauwatosa and senior trial attorney with the Milwaukee office of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, has received the Citizenship Award as part of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's 2012 Distinguished Alumni Awards.
His involvement in the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool, the city Historic Preservation Commission and Wauwatosa High School Memorial Project played into the award, as did his advocacy for creation and development of UWM's Innovation Park.
He graduated from UWM with a bachelor's degree in journalism in 1976, before going on to get a master of public affairs degree from Princeton University, followed by a law degree from New York University.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes