Dennis McBride, 4th District alderman for Wauwatosa and senior trial attorney with the Milwaukee office of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, has received the Citizenship Award as part of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's 2012 Distinguished Alumni Awards.
His involvement in the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool, the city Historic Preservation Commission and Wauwatosa High School Memorial Project played into the award, as did his advocacy for creation and development of UWM's Innovation Park.
He graduated from UWM with a bachelor's degree in journalism in 1976, before going on to get a master of public affairs degree from Princeton University, followed by a law degree from New York University.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwaotsa district presents new teacher compensation structure
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service
- Wauwatosa's city clerk works to put poll workers in place for spring election
- Three more seek seats on Wauwatosa Common Council
- Wauwatosa revaluations likely to be done closer together
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company