Dennis McBride, 4th District alderman for Wauwatosa and senior trial attorney with the Milwaukee office of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, has received the Citizenship Award as part of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's 2012 Distinguished Alumni Awards.
His involvement in the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool, the city Historic Preservation Commission and Wauwatosa High School Memorial Project played into the award, as did his advocacy for creation and development of UWM's Innovation Park.
He graduated from UWM with a bachelor's degree in journalism in 1976, before going on to get a master of public affairs degree from Princeton University, followed by a law degree from New York University.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director