Dennis McBride, 4th District alderman for Wauwatosa and senior trial attorney with the Milwaukee office of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, has received the Citizenship Award as part of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's 2012 Distinguished Alumni Awards.
His involvement in the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool, the city Historic Preservation Commission and Wauwatosa High School Memorial Project played into the award, as did his advocacy for creation and development of UWM's Innovation Park.
He graduated from UWM with a bachelor's degree in journalism in 1976, before going on to get a master of public affairs degree from Princeton University, followed by a law degree from New York University.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26