Officers thought something was amiss when the 23-year-old Brookfield man they pulled over was slurring his speech, had bloodshot eyes and didn't know that he was driving on three wheels.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
He was spotted driving 10-15 mph at the intersection of West Center Street and Menomonee River Parkway at 1:10 a.m. March 7.
He admitted to having two beers shortly before failing all sobriety tests and blowing a 0.28 on his .BAC test.
After officers brought him to the station and interviewed him, his story didn't change. He said he only had two beers in Milwaukee and told officers the route he took. He still didn't know what happened to his tire.
The whereabouts of the runaway tire are unknown, as officers traced his route and found no rogue tires or signs of an accident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation