Officers thought something was amiss when the 23-year-old Brookfield man they pulled over was slurring his speech, had bloodshot eyes and didn't know that he was driving on three wheels.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
He was spotted driving 10-15 mph at the intersection of West Center Street and Menomonee River Parkway at 1:10 a.m. March 7.
He admitted to having two beers shortly before failing all sobriety tests and blowing a 0.28 on his .BAC test.
After officers brought him to the station and interviewed him, his story didn't change. He said he only had two beers in Milwaukee and told officers the route he took. He still didn't know what happened to his tire.
The whereabouts of the runaway tire are unknown, as officers traced his route and found no rogue tires or signs of an accident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director