Officers thought something was amiss when the 23-year-old Brookfield man they pulled over was slurring his speech, had bloodshot eyes and didn't know that he was driving on three wheels.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
He was spotted driving 10-15 mph at the intersection of West Center Street and Menomonee River Parkway at 1:10 a.m. March 7.
He admitted to having two beers shortly before failing all sobriety tests and blowing a 0.28 on his .BAC test.
After officers brought him to the station and interviewed him, his story didn't change. He said he only had two beers in Milwaukee and told officers the route he took. He still didn't know what happened to his tire.
The whereabouts of the runaway tire are unknown, as officers traced his route and found no rogue tires or signs of an accident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade