Officers thought something was amiss when the 23-year-old Brookfield man they pulled over was slurring his speech, had bloodshot eyes and didn't know that he was driving on three wheels.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
He was spotted driving 10-15 mph at the intersection of West Center Street and Menomonee River Parkway at 1:10 a.m. March 7.
He admitted to having two beers shortly before failing all sobriety tests and blowing a 0.28 on his .BAC test.
After officers brought him to the station and interviewed him, his story didn't change. He said he only had two beers in Milwaukee and told officers the route he took. He still didn't know what happened to his tire.
The whereabouts of the runaway tire are unknown, as officers traced his route and found no rogue tires or signs of an accident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series