Walter's on North, 6930 W. North Ave., is the latest Wauwatosa business to seek permission to build a patio for the purpose of creating a smoking area.
Walter's has been in business for more than 40 years. The owner, George Grbich, has requested a conditional-use permit from the city.
Numerous bars and restaurants constructed outdoor seating areas in preparation of the statewide smoking ban that went into effect July 5. City officials anticipated another round of requests as local businesses adjust to the no-smoking policy.
The Plan Commission will take up the request at 7 p.m. Monday.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23