Walter's on North, 6930 W. North Ave., is the latest Wauwatosa business to seek permission to build a patio for the purpose of creating a smoking area.
Walter's has been in business for more than 40 years. The owner, George Grbich, has requested a conditional-use permit from the city.
Numerous bars and restaurants constructed outdoor seating areas in preparation of the statewide smoking ban that went into effect July 5. City officials anticipated another round of requests as local businesses adjust to the no-smoking policy.
The Plan Commission will take up the request at 7 p.m. Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade