Walter's on North, 6930 W. North Ave., is the latest Wauwatosa business to seek permission to build a patio for the purpose of creating a smoking area.
Walter's has been in business for more than 40 years. The owner, George Grbich, has requested a conditional-use permit from the city.
Numerous bars and restaurants constructed outdoor seating areas in preparation of the statewide smoking ban that went into effect July 5. City officials anticipated another round of requests as local businesses adjust to the no-smoking policy.
The Plan Commission will take up the request at 7 p.m. Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (3)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer