Walter's on North, 6930 W. North Ave., is the latest Wauwatosa business to seek permission to build a patio for the purpose of creating a smoking area.
Walter's has been in business for more than 40 years. The owner, George Grbich, has requested a conditional-use permit from the city.
Numerous bars and restaurants constructed outdoor seating areas in preparation of the statewide smoking ban that went into effect July 5. City officials anticipated another round of requests as local businesses adjust to the no-smoking policy.
The Plan Commission will take up the request at 7 p.m. Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?