Walter's on North, 6930 W. North Ave., is the latest Wauwatosa business to seek permission to build a patio for the purpose of creating a smoking area.
Walter's has been in business for more than 40 years. The owner, George Grbich, has requested a conditional-use permit from the city.
Numerous bars and restaurants constructed outdoor seating areas in preparation of the statewide smoking ban that went into effect July 5. City officials anticipated another round of requests as local businesses adjust to the no-smoking policy.
The Plan Commission will take up the request at 7 p.m. Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?