Three people were arrested for breaking into Currie Park Auto Center and taking cigarettes and candy Sunday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The burglar alarm was triggered at the business on 107th Street and Capitol Drive at 4:25 a.m. Sunday. An officer spotted a vehicle with its lights off driving through the alley. Two Milwaukee men, ages 19 and 20, and a 17-year-old Milwaukee boy were in the vehicle.
Officers found two large garbage bags filled with cigars, cigarettes, candy and other snacks - a total value of more than $3,200 - in the trunk.
The older man said he needed to sell the stolen items to supplement his disability payments from the government and help pay child support.
The boy said he was addicted to pot. He had previously been arrested for burglary and was scheduled to be at a sentencing hearing the next day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal