Three people were arrested for breaking into Currie Park Auto Center and taking cigarettes and candy Sunday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The burglar alarm was triggered at the business on 107th Street and Capitol Drive at 4:25 a.m. Sunday. An officer spotted a vehicle with its lights off driving through the alley. Two Milwaukee men, ages 19 and 20, and a 17-year-old Milwaukee boy were in the vehicle.
Officers found two large garbage bags filled with cigars, cigarettes, candy and other snacks - a total value of more than $3,200 - in the trunk.
The older man said he needed to sell the stolen items to supplement his disability payments from the government and help pay child support.
The boy said he was addicted to pot. He had previously been arrested for burglary and was scheduled to be at a sentencing hearing the next day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (3)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers