Three people were arrested for breaking into Currie Park Auto Center and taking cigarettes and candy Sunday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The burglar alarm was triggered at the business on 107th Street and Capitol Drive at 4:25 a.m. Sunday. An officer spotted a vehicle with its lights off driving through the alley. Two Milwaukee men, ages 19 and 20, and a 17-year-old Milwaukee boy were in the vehicle.
Officers found two large garbage bags filled with cigars, cigarettes, candy and other snacks - a total value of more than $3,200 - in the trunk.
The older man said he needed to sell the stolen items to supplement his disability payments from the government and help pay child support.
The boy said he was addicted to pot. He had previously been arrested for burglary and was scheduled to be at a sentencing hearing the next day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30