Three people were arrested for breaking into Currie Park Auto Center and taking cigarettes and candy Sunday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The burglar alarm was triggered at the business on 107th Street and Capitol Drive at 4:25 a.m. Sunday. An officer spotted a vehicle with its lights off driving through the alley. Two Milwaukee men, ages 19 and 20, and a 17-year-old Milwaukee boy were in the vehicle.
Officers found two large garbage bags filled with cigars, cigarettes, candy and other snacks - a total value of more than $3,200 - in the trunk.
The older man said he needed to sell the stolen items to supplement his disability payments from the government and help pay child support.
The boy said he was addicted to pot. He had previously been arrested for burglary and was scheduled to be at a sentencing hearing the next day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31