A burglar who entered a home in the 6300 block of Cedar Street must not have been in too much hurry to leave the house as he apparently took time to download pornographic images to one of the computers he left behind.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The family's daughter came home from work and couldn't locate her laptop computer at 3:50 p.m. July 19. Figuring her father was borrowing it, she sat down at a desktop computer.
She was shocked when she moved the mouse and a dozen pictures of sex acts involving children and adults popped up on screen.
At dinner, she entered into a very uncomfortable conversation with her father about what she found on the computer. He was not only embarrassed but he adamantly denied the online activity.
The father then recalled that his daughter told him that her laptop computer had disappeared and he recalled seeing it on the kitchen table that morning.
The two checked out the house and found a broken basement window and an open back door.
Not only was the laptop taken, but two video game systems, accessories and numerous games with an estimated value of $4,350 also were missing.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (3)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders