A burglar who entered a home in the 6300 block of Cedar Street must not have been in too much hurry to leave the house as he apparently took time to download pornographic images to one of the computers he left behind.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The family's daughter came home from work and couldn't locate her laptop computer at 3:50 p.m. July 19. Figuring her father was borrowing it, she sat down at a desktop computer.
She was shocked when she moved the mouse and a dozen pictures of sex acts involving children and adults popped up on screen.
At dinner, she entered into a very uncomfortable conversation with her father about what she found on the computer. He was not only embarrassed but he adamantly denied the online activity.
The father then recalled that his daughter told him that her laptop computer had disappeared and he recalled seeing it on the kitchen table that morning.
The two checked out the house and found a broken basement window and an open back door.
Not only was the laptop taken, but two video game systems, accessories and numerous games with an estimated value of $4,350 also were missing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director