A man was robbed at gunpoint for the drugs and cash he had in his vehicle at a Wauwatosa gas station Saturday evening, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
The man said he went into the Midtown Shell convenience store, 641 N. Hawley Road, to buy a soda, and when he returned to the car, a man jumped into the passenger seat and waved a revolver.
The robber demanded the victim's cash, cell phone and jewelry.
Officers grew suspicious of the story after watching surveillance video. The man never alerted the gas station owner of the robbery; instead, he went to a nearby friend's house to call police.
After changing his story several times, he admitted the robber took $6,000 and a quarter pound of marijuana that had been in his vehicle. Officers found his personal stash of 1.1 grams of marijuana still in the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director