A man was robbed at gunpoint for the drugs and cash he had in his vehicle at a Wauwatosa gas station Saturday evening, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
The man said he went into the Midtown Shell convenience store, 641 N. Hawley Road, to buy a soda, and when he returned to the car, a man jumped into the passenger seat and waved a revolver.
The robber demanded the victim's cash, cell phone and jewelry.
Officers grew suspicious of the story after watching surveillance video. The man never alerted the gas station owner of the robbery; instead, he went to a nearby friend's house to call police.
After changing his story several times, he admitted the robber took $6,000 and a quarter pound of marijuana that had been in his vehicle. Officers found his personal stash of 1.1 grams of marijuana still in the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore