A man was robbed at gunpoint for the drugs and cash he had in his vehicle at a Wauwatosa gas station Saturday evening, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
The man said he went into the Midtown Shell convenience store, 641 N. Hawley Road, to buy a soda, and when he returned to the car, a man jumped into the passenger seat and waved a revolver.
The robber demanded the victim's cash, cell phone and jewelry.
Officers grew suspicious of the story after watching surveillance video. The man never alerted the gas station owner of the robbery; instead, he went to a nearby friend's house to call police.
After changing his story several times, he admitted the robber took $6,000 and a quarter pound of marijuana that had been in his vehicle. Officers found his personal stash of 1.1 grams of marijuana still in the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?