The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office closed Interstate 43 from Atkinson Avenue to Mequon Road and Highway 45 at Hampton Road at 6:40 p.m. due to flooding on the roadways, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The closures will stay in effect until conditions improve enough to allow safe travel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?