The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office closed Interstate 43 from Atkinson Avenue to Mequon Road and Highway 45 at Hampton Road at 6:40 p.m. due to flooding on the roadways, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The closures will stay in effect until conditions improve enough to allow safe travel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 13
- School Board opposes Senate legislation
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?