The Wauwatosa School Board on Monday approved spending $195,000 on two capital improvement projects in the district.
Madison Elementary School will get new asphalt on its property. The $127,000 project will be completed by Black Diamond Group, an Oak Creek company, before the fall semester begins.
Milwaukee's Roman Electric was awarded a $68,000 contract to upgrade the fire alarm system at the Fisher Administration Building. Work is scheduled to start this month.
Both projects are part of the district's 2010-11 capital improvement plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa