As temperatures hovered in the 80s on Thursday ice cream truck made the rounds in the neighborhood of 118th Street and North Avenue.
But the 27-year-old Milwaukee man behind the wheel didn't have a license to drive or sell frozen treats in Wauwatosa.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The officer that pulled the truck over knew that the city had not issued permits to any ice cream vendors this year. In addition, the truck had chimes playing over its loud speaker in violation of city ordinance that prohibits amplified recorded sounds from vehicles.
The driver received a warning against selling in Wauwatosa. However, he was arrested on a warrant from Germantown Police Department for driving with a suspended license.
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28