As temperatures hovered in the 80s on Thursday ice cream truck made the rounds in the neighborhood of 118th Street and North Avenue.
But the 27-year-old Milwaukee man behind the wheel didn't have a license to drive or sell frozen treats in Wauwatosa.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The officer that pulled the truck over knew that the city had not issued permits to any ice cream vendors this year. In addition, the truck had chimes playing over its loud speaker in violation of city ordinance that prohibits amplified recorded sounds from vehicles.
The driver received a warning against selling in Wauwatosa. However, he was arrested on a warrant from Germantown Police Department for driving with a suspended license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools