As temperatures hovered in the 80s on Thursday ice cream truck made the rounds in the neighborhood of 118th Street and North Avenue.
But the 27-year-old Milwaukee man behind the wheel didn't have a license to drive or sell frozen treats in Wauwatosa.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The officer that pulled the truck over knew that the city had not issued permits to any ice cream vendors this year. In addition, the truck had chimes playing over its loud speaker in violation of city ordinance that prohibits amplified recorded sounds from vehicles.
The driver received a warning against selling in Wauwatosa. However, he was arrested on a warrant from Germantown Police Department for driving with a suspended license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- East Tosa BID rejected
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25