As temperatures hovered in the 80s on Thursday ice cream truck made the rounds in the neighborhood of 118th Street and North Avenue.
But the 27-year-old Milwaukee man behind the wheel didn't have a license to drive or sell frozen treats in Wauwatosa.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The officer that pulled the truck over knew that the city had not issued permits to any ice cream vendors this year. In addition, the truck had chimes playing over its loud speaker in violation of city ordinance that prohibits amplified recorded sounds from vehicles.
The driver received a warning against selling in Wauwatosa. However, he was arrested on a warrant from Germantown Police Department for driving with a suspended license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum