The Wauwatosa School Board on Monday approved the resignation of one teacher and the hiring of five others.
The new teachers are: Neil Shaeffer, Latin teacher, who will split his time between Wauwatosa East and Wauwatosa West; Michelle Simons, a part-time reading specialist at Longfellow Middle School; Jack Strebel, special education teacher, Madison Elementary; Amber Rush, a part-time junior kindergarten teacher at Wilson Elementary; and Patrick Leo, English teacher, Wauwatosa West.
Jennifer Berthold, a reading specialist at Madison Elementary School, resigned effective June 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School