A 19-year-old man who believed he was too drunk to ride his bicycle decided a motorized shopping scooter would be easier transportation.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The Milwaukee man was riding in the 6700 block of West State Street at 10:44 p.m. Sunday when he spotted a scooter outside Metcalf's Market. He put his bicycle in the shopping basket, hopped on the scooter and took off.
Officers caught up with the man driving the wrong way on State Street. He said he had planned to return the scooter the next day.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
He was not cited for drunken diving, but was arrested for theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized