A 19-year-old man who believed he was too drunk to ride his bicycle decided a motorized shopping scooter would be easier transportation.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The Milwaukee man was riding in the 6700 block of West State Street at 10:44 p.m. Sunday when he spotted a scooter outside Metcalf's Market. He put his bicycle in the shopping basket, hopped on the scooter and took off.
Officers caught up with the man driving the wrong way on State Street. He said he had planned to return the scooter the next day.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
He was not cited for drunken diving, but was arrested for theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (5)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa