A 19-year-old man who believed he was too drunk to ride his bicycle decided a motorized shopping scooter would be easier transportation.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The Milwaukee man was riding in the 6700 block of West State Street at 10:44 p.m. Sunday when he spotted a scooter outside Metcalf's Market. He put his bicycle in the shopping basket, hopped on the scooter and took off.
Officers caught up with the man driving the wrong way on State Street. He said he had planned to return the scooter the next day.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
He was not cited for drunken diving, but was arrested for theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director