A string of liquor thefts from Wauwatosa grocery stores came to an end Saturday with the arrest of two Milwaukee women.
According to Wauwatosa police:
On Thursday an employee of Outpost Foods returned a shopping cart to neighboring Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St. Two women were seen taking 15 bottles of vodka, valued at $450, at 6:51 p.m.
The next day, the same 20-year-old women stuffed four more bottles of vodka into their purses at Metcalf's Market, 6700 W. State St., and left the store.
The duo returned to Metcalf's Market at 3:30 p.m. Saturday. They filled a shopping cart with vodka and covered the bottles with their purses. As they pushed the cart out of the store, security guards chased the women.
The pair ran off leaving the liquor, their purses and their car behind. A search of the car resulted in a dozen bottles of vodka and a retail theft citation issued that morning for shoplifting from Pick 'n Save in Shorewood.
Three hours later, officers spotted a vehicle with expired license plates due to unpaid parking tickets at 93rd Street and North Avenue. It turned out to be the same two women in a different vehicle. They were arrested and the district attorney is expected to issue charges Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)