An underage drinking party had Wauwatosa police chasing teens trying to make a getaway so their parents didn't find out.
According to police:
Dispatchers got calls about a loud party coming from a home in the 4000 block of North 110th Street at 1:54 a.m. July 9. When they arrived, dozens of people were congregating in the house and garage. Beer cans were strewn in the driveway and on the porch and the property smelled of alcohol.
Some of the party-goers took off as squad cars pulled up. But officers arrested five people.
The resident, a 19-year-old Wauwatosa woman, said she was throwing the party because she was leaving in a few days to study in Australia. This was her third underage drinking violation. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.05.
A 19-year-old Milwaukee man tried to hop a fence, so officers handcuffed him and made him sit a chair while they rounded up the others. He was not deterred; he made another run for it, trying to climb with his hands connected.
A 20-year-old Wauwatosa man ran out of the backyard, but was eventually stopped when he fell in a ditch.
The third man who tried to flee, a 19-year-old from Wauwatosa, climbed out a window as cops were calling people's parents. When he was stopped, he was found to have 0.83 grams of marijuana in his pocket. This was his second underage drinking arrest. He had the highest BAC at 0.24.
An 18-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for his third underage drinking offense, after he was found hiding in the basement.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?