An underage drinking party had Wauwatosa police chasing teens trying to make a getaway so their parents didn't find out.
According to police:
Dispatchers got calls about a loud party coming from a home in the 4000 block of North 110th Street at 1:54 a.m. July 9. When they arrived, dozens of people were congregating in the house and garage. Beer cans were strewn in the driveway and on the porch and the property smelled of alcohol.
Some of the party-goers took off as squad cars pulled up. But officers arrested five people.
The resident, a 19-year-old Wauwatosa woman, said she was throwing the party because she was leaving in a few days to study in Australia. This was her third underage drinking violation. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.05.
A 19-year-old Milwaukee man tried to hop a fence, so officers handcuffed him and made him sit a chair while they rounded up the others. He was not deterred; he made another run for it, trying to climb with his hands connected.
A 20-year-old Wauwatosa man ran out of the backyard, but was eventually stopped when he fell in a ditch.
The third man who tried to flee, a 19-year-old from Wauwatosa, climbed out a window as cops were calling people's parents. When he was stopped, he was found to have 0.83 grams of marijuana in his pocket. This was his second underage drinking arrest. He had the highest BAC at 0.24.
An 18-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for his third underage drinking offense, after he was found hiding in the basement.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options