Wauwatosa's new fire station received substantial water damage due to Wednesday night's heavy rainfalls.
Private restoration contractors were hired to help the Wauwatosa Fire Department remove standing water in the administrative offices, apparatus bays and basement at Fire Station No. 1, 1601 Underwood Ave.
Fire officials are trying to determine how the flooding occurred and the extent of the water damage.
The fire station opened June 5.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes