Wauwatosa's new fire station received substantial water damage due to Wednesday night's heavy rainfalls.
Private restoration contractors were hired to help the Wauwatosa Fire Department remove standing water in the administrative offices, apparatus bays and basement at Fire Station No. 1, 1601 Underwood Ave.
Fire officials are trying to determine how the flooding occurred and the extent of the water damage.
The fire station opened June 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Residents invited to help design Wauwatosa skatepark
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014