Wauwatosa's new fire station received substantial water damage due to Wednesday night's heavy rainfalls.
Private restoration contractors were hired to help the Wauwatosa Fire Department remove standing water in the administrative offices, apparatus bays and basement at Fire Station No. 1, 1601 Underwood Ave.
Fire officials are trying to determine how the flooding occurred and the extent of the water damage.
The fire station opened June 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 3
- Hart Park gears up for a busy December
- Wauwatosa West student recognized for photography
- In Brief: Dec. 3
- Election 2016: Ballot roundup for Wauwatosa's spring elections
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames