Wauwatosa's new fire station received substantial water damage due to Wednesday night's heavy rainfalls.
Private restoration contractors were hired to help the Wauwatosa Fire Department remove standing water in the administrative offices, apparatus bays and basement at Fire Station No. 1, 1601 Underwood Ave.
Fire officials are trying to determine how the flooding occurred and the extent of the water damage.
The fire station opened June 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?