A new business will offer guitar lessons and sell instruments and music equipment on North Avenue.
Wauwatosa resident Sean Radecki got the OK on Monday to operate East Tosa Guitars in the formerly vacant storefront at 6513 W. North Ave.
He had been teaching guitar lessons from his home. As he found success and accumulated clients, his wife told him it was time to move the business to a different location.
A storefront will give Radecki more exposure and the opportunity to attract more students.
Construction is nearly finished, with the commercial space split into two studios. Other guitar instructors will rent space at the location.
While Radecki's focus is on teaching people to play the instrument, the retail portion of the business can assist that goal, he said.
"It's about guiding the students through what they buy, making sure they make a good choice," he said.
Often when a people decide to take up playing guitar, they go out and buy a bunch of equipment that doesn't necessarily fit their skill levels or is overpriced simply because it looks cool, he said.
"What we carry here is what our musicians use," Radecki said.
He believes everyone has the capability to learn how to play a musical instrument and some of best guitar players have come out of southeastern Wisconsin.
"This is an area that spawns great guitar players," he said. "Milwaukee, to me, is one of the unheralded capitols of guitar talent."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series