A new business will offer guitar lessons and sell instruments and music equipment on North Avenue.
Wauwatosa resident Sean Radecki got the OK on Monday to operate East Tosa Guitars in the formerly vacant storefront at 6513 W. North Ave.
He had been teaching guitar lessons from his home. As he found success and accumulated clients, his wife told him it was time to move the business to a different location.
A storefront will give Radecki more exposure and the opportunity to attract more students.
Construction is nearly finished, with the commercial space split into two studios. Other guitar instructors will rent space at the location.
While Radecki's focus is on teaching people to play the instrument, the retail portion of the business can assist that goal, he said.
"It's about guiding the students through what they buy, making sure they make a good choice," he said.
Often when a people decide to take up playing guitar, they go out and buy a bunch of equipment that doesn't necessarily fit their skill levels or is overpriced simply because it looks cool, he said.
"What we carry here is what our musicians use," Radecki said.
He believes everyone has the capability to learn how to play a musical instrument and some of best guitar players have come out of southeastern Wisconsin.
"This is an area that spawns great guitar players," he said. "Milwaukee, to me, is one of the unheralded capitols of guitar talent."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming