Describing the scene as a replica spider web, construction officials reported theft and vandalism to playground equipment at Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., and the nearby pool area that is being remodeled.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Construction equipment belonging to contractor Integrity Environmental Services was taken from the site between 10 p.m. June 28 and 6:13 a.m. June 29. Items taken include 12 rolls of duct tape, two nail guns and two respirator hoods. The estimated value is $245.
The duct tape had been used to tape together swings, slides and climbing equipment, resulting in a suspended-in-motion scene similar to a spider web. A portable toilet also was duct-taped shut. Additionally, the word "spider" was spelled out in duct tape on a nearby walking path.
Access to the grounds was gained by cutting a lock to a fence.
Plans are under way to reopen the pool in May 2011, following vigorous fundraising efforts by Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool. The facility, closed since 2003, is being remodeled with new features.
- Dave Fidlin
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes