Three men, one of them armed, fled Topper's Pizza, 12132 W. Capitol Drive, with an unknown amount of money at 1:34 a.m. July 4, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
Two of three men ran into the store abruptly and unexpectedly, one of them brandishing a gun, believed to be a .45-caliber pistol. The third man entered the store a short while later. All three men had covered their faces.
Two of the men forced two employees to the ground, while the third man took money out of the cash register. A third employee fled the store to look for help, but was chased by one of the men.
The employees told police they were not certain how much money was taken from the register, though it is believed to be a minimal amount.
The entire act was caught on store surveillance video, which is being reviewed by Wauwatosa police.
- Dave Fidlin
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words