Three men, one of them armed, fled Topper's Pizza, 12132 W. Capitol Drive, with an unknown amount of money at 1:34 a.m. July 4, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
Two of three men ran into the store abruptly and unexpectedly, one of them brandishing a gun, believed to be a .45-caliber pistol. The third man entered the store a short while later. All three men had covered their faces.
Two of the men forced two employees to the ground, while the third man took money out of the cash register. A third employee fled the store to look for help, but was chased by one of the men.
The employees told police they were not certain how much money was taken from the register, though it is believed to be a minimal amount.
The entire act was caught on store surveillance video, which is being reviewed by Wauwatosa police.
- Dave Fidlin
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority