We Energies crews repaired a gas leak on the roof of the Mayfair Mall Crate and Barrel store Sunday afternoon, according to Brian Manthey, We Energies spokesman. No one was injured and there was no damage to the store, he said. No gas was leaking inside the store and no one was evacuated, he said.
The Wauwatosa Fire Department called the energy company shortly after 4 p.m. with to report the smell of gas outside the store, Manthey said. Workers discovered the rooftop connection to the furnace unit was leaking and had repaired it by around 6 p.m., he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options