Electrical problems are suspected of being the cause of a Wauwatosa house fire that resulted in about $100,000 on Monday night.
Wauwatosa Fire Department spent 30 minutes battling the blaze that broke out in the attic of a vacant two-story home at 1414 N. 121st Street, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. Damage was contained to the attic and second floor of the house.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The call came in at 6:40 p.m. and 30 firefighters responded. Local crews received assistance from five neighboring fire departments.
The house had recently been sold, but the owners had not yet moved in, Case said.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23