Electrical problems are suspected of being the cause of a Wauwatosa house fire that resulted in about $100,000 on Monday night.
Wauwatosa Fire Department spent 30 minutes battling the blaze that broke out in the attic of a vacant two-story home at 1414 N. 121st Street, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. Damage was contained to the attic and second floor of the house.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The call came in at 6:40 p.m. and 30 firefighters responded. Local crews received assistance from five neighboring fire departments.
The house had recently been sold, but the owners had not yet moved in, Case said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options