Electrical problems are suspected of being the cause of a Wauwatosa house fire that resulted in about $100,000 on Monday night.
Wauwatosa Fire Department spent 30 minutes battling the blaze that broke out in the attic of a vacant two-story home at 1414 N. 121st Street, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. Damage was contained to the attic and second floor of the house.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The call came in at 6:40 p.m. and 30 firefighters responded. Local crews received assistance from five neighboring fire departments.
The house had recently been sold, but the owners had not yet moved in, Case said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue