Electrical problems are suspected of being the cause of a Wauwatosa house fire that resulted in about $100,000 on Monday night.
Wauwatosa Fire Department spent 30 minutes battling the blaze that broke out in the attic of a vacant two-story home at 1414 N. 121st Street, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. Damage was contained to the attic and second floor of the house.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The call came in at 6:40 p.m. and 30 firefighters responded. Local crews received assistance from five neighboring fire departments.
The house had recently been sold, but the owners had not yet moved in, Case said.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26