A Wauwatosa man who was sick of squirrels invading the walls of his home decided to take on the bushy-tailed rodents with a BB gun.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 30-year-old man had complained to his landlord about the animals but didn't get any response. So he went to Kmart, bought a BB gun and headed out to his backyard.
Neighbors in the 2300 block of North 63rd Street reported hearing gunshots about 8 p.m. June 22. Those sounds turned out to be the man shooting at the squirrels off power lines.
The man said he was unsure of whether he harmed or killed any of the animals, and that it hadn't occurred to him that a stray pellet could strike a person or property.
He was cited for disorderly conduct and the weapon was confiscated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)