A Wauwatosa man who was sick of squirrels invading the walls of his home decided to take on the bushy-tailed rodents with a BB gun.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 30-year-old man had complained to his landlord about the animals but didn't get any response. So he went to Kmart, bought a BB gun and headed out to his backyard.
Neighbors in the 2300 block of North 63rd Street reported hearing gunshots about 8 p.m. June 22. Those sounds turned out to be the man shooting at the squirrels off power lines.
The man said he was unsure of whether he harmed or killed any of the animals, and that it hadn't occurred to him that a stray pellet could strike a person or property.
He was cited for disorderly conduct and the weapon was confiscated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (8)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8