A Wauwatosa man who was sick of squirrels invading the walls of his home decided to take on the bushy-tailed rodents with a BB gun.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 30-year-old man had complained to his landlord about the animals but didn't get any response. So he went to Kmart, bought a BB gun and headed out to his backyard.
Neighbors in the 2300 block of North 63rd Street reported hearing gunshots about 8 p.m. June 22. Those sounds turned out to be the man shooting at the squirrels off power lines.
The man said he was unsure of whether he harmed or killed any of the animals, and that it hadn't occurred to him that a stray pellet could strike a person or property.
He was cited for disorderly conduct and the weapon was confiscated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- East Tosa BID rejected
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25