A Wauwatosa man who was sick of squirrels invading the walls of his home decided to take on the bushy-tailed rodents with a BB gun.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 30-year-old man had complained to his landlord about the animals but didn't get any response. So he went to Kmart, bought a BB gun and headed out to his backyard.
Neighbors in the 2300 block of North 63rd Street reported hearing gunshots about 8 p.m. June 22. Those sounds turned out to be the man shooting at the squirrels off power lines.
The man said he was unsure of whether he harmed or killed any of the animals, and that it hadn't occurred to him that a stray pellet could strike a person or property.
He was cited for disorderly conduct and the weapon was confiscated.
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers