A resident of San Camillo Retirement Community in Wauwatosa will throw out the first pitch at the Brewers game Wednesday afternoon.
Bill Hoppenjan was selected to take the mound in celebration of Senior Day. He serves as president of the retirement community's Resident Advisory Council and is an athlete in the Wauwatosa Curling Club.
Hoppenjan will have a cheering section of 30 fellow residents and staff members dressed in red San Camillo jerseys.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality