A resident of San Camillo Retirement Community in Wauwatosa will throw out the first pitch at the Brewers game Wednesday afternoon.
Bill Hoppenjan was selected to take the mound in celebration of Senior Day. He serves as president of the retirement community's Resident Advisory Council and is an athlete in the Wauwatosa Curling Club.
Hoppenjan will have a cheering section of 30 fellow residents and staff members dressed in red San Camillo jerseys.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26