A resident of San Camillo Retirement Community in Wauwatosa will throw out the first pitch at the Brewers game Wednesday afternoon.
Bill Hoppenjan was selected to take the mound in celebration of Senior Day. He serves as president of the retirement community's Resident Advisory Council and is an athlete in the Wauwatosa Curling Club.
Hoppenjan will have a cheering section of 30 fellow residents and staff members dressed in red San Camillo jerseys.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa pedestrian killed by train
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal
- What to expect on a Nov. 4 ballot in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Department joins Facebook for more than just 'friends'