A fire that broke out this morning at the Harley-Davidson plant in Wauwatosa was caused by an electrical problem in a maintenance room.
There was no damage to the structure, but the Wauwatosa Fire Department was at the facility at 11800 W. Capitol Drive for more than two hours assisting with ventilation and clean up work, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said.
Paramedics evaluated five Harley employees who were experiencing difficulty breathing. One of those people was taken to a local hospital, but he has already been treated and released, Case said.
The building's fire suppression system extinguished the flames prior to the Fire Department's arrival, he said.
The plant was evacuated for a short time but business operations resumed shortly after the Fire Department arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options