A fire that broke out this morning at the Harley-Davidson plant in Wauwatosa was caused by an electrical problem in a maintenance room.
There was no damage to the structure, but the Wauwatosa Fire Department was at the facility at 11800 W. Capitol Drive for more than two hours assisting with ventilation and clean up work, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said.
Paramedics evaluated five Harley employees who were experiencing difficulty breathing. One of those people was taken to a local hospital, but he has already been treated and released, Case said.
The building's fire suppression system extinguished the flames prior to the Fire Department's arrival, he said.
The plant was evacuated for a short time but business operations resumed shortly after the Fire Department arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Meet new Wauwatosa Now reporter Rachel Minske during live broadcast Friday
- TIF terms for State Street Station project in Wauwatosa wins city approval
- Skatepark in Wauwatosa wins bid approval after years of fundraising (3)
- The Landing at Hoyt Park has become destination for local musicians
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 12-18 (1)