A Milwaukee couple is accused of taking condoms and male performance enhancement drugs from a Wauwatosa drug store last week, then driving off in a stolen van to party.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 44-year-old man and 56-year-old woman drove to the Walgreens at Mayfair Road and North Avenue looking to buy liquor about 11 p.m. June 15. After they were informed that alcohol sales had stopped two hours earlier, the man stuffed the prophylactics and pills under his clothes and they walked out the store.
The van was stopped at 58th Street and North Avenue, and the license plate came back matching a vehicle stolen from Milwaukee.
A search of the woman's purse resulted in a bag full of equipment used to smoke crack cocaine. She said they had planned to get high and party in the van.
The man was arrested for retail theft for the eighth time and auto theft for the fourth time. He was on probation, so he was taken to Milwaukee County Jail. His girlfriend was arrested for possessing drug paraphernalia.
When the van was returned, the owner complained it was a mess and smelled bad.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director