A Milwaukee couple is accused of taking condoms and male performance enhancement drugs from a Wauwatosa drug store last week, then driving off in a stolen van to party.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 44-year-old man and 56-year-old woman drove to the Walgreens at Mayfair Road and North Avenue looking to buy liquor about 11 p.m. June 15. After they were informed that alcohol sales had stopped two hours earlier, the man stuffed the prophylactics and pills under his clothes and they walked out the store.
The van was stopped at 58th Street and North Avenue, and the license plate came back matching a vehicle stolen from Milwaukee.
A search of the woman's purse resulted in a bag full of equipment used to smoke crack cocaine. She said they had planned to get high and party in the van.
The man was arrested for retail theft for the eighth time and auto theft for the fourth time. He was on probation, so he was taken to Milwaukee County Jail. His girlfriend was arrested for possessing drug paraphernalia.
When the van was returned, the owner complained it was a mess and smelled bad.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa