A Milwaukee couple is accused of taking condoms and male performance enhancement drugs from a Wauwatosa drug store last week, then driving off in a stolen van to party.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 44-year-old man and 56-year-old woman drove to the Walgreens at Mayfair Road and North Avenue looking to buy liquor about 11 p.m. June 15. After they were informed that alcohol sales had stopped two hours earlier, the man stuffed the prophylactics and pills under his clothes and they walked out the store.
The van was stopped at 58th Street and North Avenue, and the license plate came back matching a vehicle stolen from Milwaukee.
A search of the woman's purse resulted in a bag full of equipment used to smoke crack cocaine. She said they had planned to get high and party in the van.
The man was arrested for retail theft for the eighth time and auto theft for the fourth time. He was on probation, so he was taken to Milwaukee County Jail. His girlfriend was arrested for possessing drug paraphernalia.
When the van was returned, the owner complained it was a mess and smelled bad.
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week