A Milwaukee couple is accused of taking condoms and male performance enhancement drugs from a Wauwatosa drug store last week, then driving off in a stolen van to party.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 44-year-old man and 56-year-old woman drove to the Walgreens at Mayfair Road and North Avenue looking to buy liquor about 11 p.m. June 15. After they were informed that alcohol sales had stopped two hours earlier, the man stuffed the prophylactics and pills under his clothes and they walked out the store.
The van was stopped at 58th Street and North Avenue, and the license plate came back matching a vehicle stolen from Milwaukee.
A search of the woman's purse resulted in a bag full of equipment used to smoke crack cocaine. She said they had planned to get high and party in the van.
The man was arrested for retail theft for the eighth time and auto theft for the fourth time. He was on probation, so he was taken to Milwaukee County Jail. His girlfriend was arrested for possessing drug paraphernalia.
When the van was returned, the owner complained it was a mess and smelled bad.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes