A Milwaukee couple is accused of taking condoms and male performance enhancement drugs from a Wauwatosa drug store last week, then driving off in a stolen van to party.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 44-year-old man and 56-year-old woman drove to the Walgreens at Mayfair Road and North Avenue looking to buy liquor about 11 p.m. June 15. After they were informed that alcohol sales had stopped two hours earlier, the man stuffed the prophylactics and pills under his clothes and they walked out the store.
The van was stopped at 58th Street and North Avenue, and the license plate came back matching a vehicle stolen from Milwaukee.
A search of the woman's purse resulted in a bag full of equipment used to smoke crack cocaine. She said they had planned to get high and party in the van.
The man was arrested for retail theft for the eighth time and auto theft for the fourth time. He was on probation, so he was taken to Milwaukee County Jail. His girlfriend was arrested for possessing drug paraphernalia.
When the van was returned, the owner complained it was a mess and smelled bad.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- North Shore school boards target achievement gap
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away