Pick 'n Save employees who had a skirmish with a suspected shoplifter Sunday told police the woman bit them and then claimed she was HIV-positive.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 38-year-old homeless woman walked into the Pick 'n Save on 69th and State streets with one purse over each shoulder, and quickly filled them with about a dozen steaks. As a manager approached the woman, she made a run for the front doors.
Store personnel tackled the woman in the lot. She grabbed one employee's chin, put her finger in his mouth and tried to break his jaw. When he broke free, she bit the employees.
She yelled, "I'm HIV positive." The employees did not know if the claim was truthful or a trick to try get them to let her go. None of the bites broke skin.
She was arrested for retail theft, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct and taken to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download