Pick 'n Save employees who had a skirmish with a suspected shoplifter Sunday told police the woman bit them and then claimed she was HIV-positive.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 38-year-old homeless woman walked into the Pick 'n Save on 69th and State streets with one purse over each shoulder, and quickly filled them with about a dozen steaks. As a manager approached the woman, she made a run for the front doors.
Store personnel tackled the woman in the lot. She grabbed one employee's chin, put her finger in his mouth and tried to break his jaw. When he broke free, she bit the employees.
She yelled, "I'm HIV positive." The employees did not know if the claim was truthful or a trick to try get them to let her go. None of the bites broke skin.
She was arrested for retail theft, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct and taken to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools