Pick 'n Save employees who had a skirmish with a suspected shoplifter Sunday told police the woman bit them and then claimed she was HIV-positive.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 38-year-old homeless woman walked into the Pick 'n Save on 69th and State streets with one purse over each shoulder, and quickly filled them with about a dozen steaks. As a manager approached the woman, she made a run for the front doors.
Store personnel tackled the woman in the lot. She grabbed one employee's chin, put her finger in his mouth and tried to break his jaw. When he broke free, she bit the employees.
She yelled, "I'm HIV positive." The employees did not know if the claim was truthful or a trick to try get them to let her go. None of the bites broke skin.
She was arrested for retail theft, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct and taken to Milwaukee County Jail.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa