The Wauwatosa School Board on Monday unanimously approved leases with Clear Wireless for rooftop space for antenna equipment at four schools.
The antennas will be constructed at McKinley, Washington and Wilson elementary schools and Wauwatosa East High School. The district already rents out rooftop space to other wireless companies.
Clear Wireless will receive a 12-month lease option for $1,000 at each of the four sites. If the company decides to execute the leases, Clear Wireless would agree to a 25-year-lease in five-year increments.
If that happens, the district would receive $20,000 in rent per year at each site.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs