A robber wielding a baseball bat hit two Wauwatosa dry-cleaning businesses within a matter of minutes Friday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A man said he was picking up clothes at Martinizing Dry Cleaning, 6737 Milwaukee Ave., at 6:39 p.m., but a search in the computer showed no orders in his name. When the clerk told him that, he walked around the counter and showed a wooden bat. He said, "This is a robbery. Give me all your money or I'll smack you with this bat."
He fled with the money before officers arrived.
As police started their investigation of that robbery, they received a call that Master Dry Cleaners, 6326 W. Blue Mound Road, had been hit.
The man again gave the same name and showed a baseball bat when the clerk could not find his order. She tried to call 911, but the robber came at her.
After a struggle, he ran out the door, apparently without taking any money.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa