A robber wielding a baseball bat hit two Wauwatosa dry-cleaning businesses within a matter of minutes Friday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A man said he was picking up clothes at Martinizing Dry Cleaning, 6737 Milwaukee Ave., at 6:39 p.m., but a search in the computer showed no orders in his name. When the clerk told him that, he walked around the counter and showed a wooden bat. He said, "This is a robbery. Give me all your money or I'll smack you with this bat."
He fled with the money before officers arrived.
As police started their investigation of that robbery, they received a call that Master Dry Cleaners, 6326 W. Blue Mound Road, had been hit.
The man again gave the same name and showed a baseball bat when the clerk could not find his order. She tried to call 911, but the robber came at her.
After a struggle, he ran out the door, apparently without taking any money.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School