A robber wielding a baseball bat hit two Wauwatosa dry-cleaning businesses within a matter of minutes Friday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A man said he was picking up clothes at Martinizing Dry Cleaning, 6737 Milwaukee Ave., at 6:39 p.m., but a search in the computer showed no orders in his name. When the clerk told him that, he walked around the counter and showed a wooden bat. He said, "This is a robbery. Give me all your money or I'll smack you with this bat."
He fled with the money before officers arrived.
As police started their investigation of that robbery, they received a call that Master Dry Cleaners, 6326 W. Blue Mound Road, had been hit.
The man again gave the same name and showed a baseball bat when the clerk could not find his order. She tried to call 911, but the robber came at her.
After a struggle, he ran out the door, apparently without taking any money.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers