A robber wielding a baseball bat hit two Wauwatosa dry-cleaning businesses within a matter of minutes Friday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A man said he was picking up clothes at Martinizing Dry Cleaning, 6737 Milwaukee Ave., at 6:39 p.m., but a search in the computer showed no orders in his name. When the clerk told him that, he walked around the counter and showed a wooden bat. He said, "This is a robbery. Give me all your money or I'll smack you with this bat."
He fled with the money before officers arrived.
As police started their investigation of that robbery, they received a call that Master Dry Cleaners, 6326 W. Blue Mound Road, had been hit.
The man again gave the same name and showed a baseball bat when the clerk could not find his order. She tried to call 911, but the robber came at her.
After a struggle, he ran out the door, apparently without taking any money.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships