A robber wielding a baseball bat hit two Wauwatosa dry-cleaning businesses within a matter of minutes Friday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A man said he was picking up clothes at Martinizing Dry Cleaning, 6737 Milwaukee Ave., at 6:39 p.m., but a search in the computer showed no orders in his name. When the clerk told him that, he walked around the counter and showed a wooden bat. He said, "This is a robbery. Give me all your money or I'll smack you with this bat."
He fled with the money before officers arrived.
As police started their investigation of that robbery, they received a call that Master Dry Cleaners, 6326 W. Blue Mound Road, had been hit.
The man again gave the same name and showed a baseball bat when the clerk could not find his order. She tried to call 911, but the robber came at her.
After a struggle, he ran out the door, apparently without taking any money.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police use stolen iPad to track suspected thief
- Kari Miller leaves Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce
- Wisconsin Lutheran College proposes selling homes now used for student housing (1)
- C.A.R.I.N.G. group continues donations to schools
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 2
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- In Wauwatosa, 'Coffee with Cop' opens dialogue
- New Braille menus at Wauwatosa restaurants ease dining experience for blind customers
- Security officer at San Camillo in Wauwatosa charged in child pornography case
- Author Larson makes Wauwatosa Public Library Leadership luncheon a literary affair