A 24-year-old West Allis man high on pain medication led Wauwatosa police on a chase before he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and driving under the influence of drugs Friday afternoon.
According to police:
Officers noticed a speeding vehicle at Blue Mound Road and Ravenswood Circle about 1:30 p.m. The driversaid he was in hurry to pick up his girlfriend, but his eyes were bloodshot and his hands were shaky violently.
A prescription pill bottle was found so officers asked him to get out of the vehicle. During a body search, he started to resist and spun around. After several warnings, a stun gun was used, but only one of the darts struck him. The man fell, but managed to get in the car and drive off.
A chase ensued with the man driving about 80 mph. The pursuit stopped as he got onto Interstate 94 near Miller Park Stadium.
West Allis police went to the man's home and waited for him. When he arrived, he told officers that he had been prescribed Oxycodone three years ago after a back injury. He was now addicted and took the prescription narcotics daily.
He was taken to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glider shootoff reinforces Physics of Flight lessons
- Join Wauwatosa NOW on Facebook
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- New ID checks in place at Tosa West High
- School district to benefit from the closure of a TIF
- News & Notes: Dec. 18
- In Our Schools: Dec. 19
- Police Report: Dec. 18
- 7th District aldermanic seat draws another candidate
- Wauwatosa police object to idea that would limit use of license-plate imaging technology