A 24-year-old West Allis man high on pain medication led Wauwatosa police on a chase before he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and driving under the influence of drugs Friday afternoon.
According to police:
Officers noticed a speeding vehicle at Blue Mound Road and Ravenswood Circle about 1:30 p.m. The driversaid he was in hurry to pick up his girlfriend, but his eyes were bloodshot and his hands were shaky violently.
A prescription pill bottle was found so officers asked him to get out of the vehicle. During a body search, he started to resist and spun around. After several warnings, a stun gun was used, but only one of the darts struck him. The man fell, but managed to get in the car and drive off.
A chase ensued with the man driving about 80 mph. The pursuit stopped as he got onto Interstate 94 near Miller Park Stadium.
West Allis police went to the man's home and waited for him. When he arrived, he told officers that he had been prescribed Oxycodone three years ago after a back injury. He was now addicted and took the prescription narcotics daily.
He was taken to Milwaukee County Jail.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety