A Milwaukee man was arrested for his 53rd theft after he police say he tried to take liquor and laundry detergent from a Wauwatosa grocery store Sunday afternoon.
Henry Williams, 52, has been charged with misdemeanor repetitive retail theft and is sitting in Milwaukee County Jail.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Williams tried to push a filled cart of out the Pick 'n Save on 69th and State streets about 2 p.m. He was stopped by security staff in the parking lot.
He said he had gotten out of jail Friday after serving three months for retail theft. He was now homeless and was looking for money so he could rent an apartment.
He planned to steal the nearly $350 worth of liquor and laundry detergent and sell them on the street.
A check of his criminal record showed 52 arrests for various types of thefts, including four from Milwaukee-area Pick 'n Save stores.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?