A Milwaukee man was arrested for his 53rd theft after he police say he tried to take liquor and laundry detergent from a Wauwatosa grocery store Sunday afternoon.
Henry Williams, 52, has been charged with misdemeanor repetitive retail theft and is sitting in Milwaukee County Jail.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Williams tried to push a filled cart of out the Pick 'n Save on 69th and State streets about 2 p.m. He was stopped by security staff in the parking lot.
He said he had gotten out of jail Friday after serving three months for retail theft. He was now homeless and was looking for money so he could rent an apartment.
He planned to steal the nearly $350 worth of liquor and laundry detergent and sell them on the street.
A check of his criminal record showed 52 arrests for various types of thefts, including four from Milwaukee-area Pick 'n Save stores.
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28