A Milwaukee man was arrested for his 53rd theft after he police say he tried to take liquor and laundry detergent from a Wauwatosa grocery store Sunday afternoon.
Henry Williams, 52, has been charged with misdemeanor repetitive retail theft and is sitting in Milwaukee County Jail.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Williams tried to push a filled cart of out the Pick 'n Save on 69th and State streets about 2 p.m. He was stopped by security staff in the parking lot.
He said he had gotten out of jail Friday after serving three months for retail theft. He was now homeless and was looking for money so he could rent an apartment.
He planned to steal the nearly $350 worth of liquor and laundry detergent and sell them on the street.
A check of his criminal record showed 52 arrests for various types of thefts, including four from Milwaukee-area Pick 'n Save stores.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands