A Milwaukee man was arrested for his 53rd theft after he police say he tried to take liquor and laundry detergent from a Wauwatosa grocery store Sunday afternoon.
Henry Williams, 52, has been charged with misdemeanor repetitive retail theft and is sitting in Milwaukee County Jail.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Williams tried to push a filled cart of out the Pick 'n Save on 69th and State streets about 2 p.m. He was stopped by security staff in the parking lot.
He said he had gotten out of jail Friday after serving three months for retail theft. He was now homeless and was looking for money so he could rent an apartment.
He planned to steal the nearly $350 worth of liquor and laundry detergent and sell them on the street.
A check of his criminal record showed 52 arrests for various types of thefts, including four from Milwaukee-area Pick 'n Save stores.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County