The Wauwatosa Starbucks, 1417 N. Wauwatosa Ave., is closed until 5 p.m. because a woman drove her vehicle into the front of the store, causing minor injuries to one patron and damage to the building.
About 12:30 p.m., the driver was pulling her Toyota Camry into a parking spot, but drove over top of the parking block toward the store, said Lt. Joe Schwark of the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
The car hit an outdoor table, sending it through a window and into the store.
Two patrons were sitting at the table when the car struck it. One of them sustained minor abrasions to the leg, back and hip and was taken to a Froedtert Hospital, where the person was treated and released, a Wauwatosa Police Department spokesman said.
No other details were immediately available.
The car was towed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?