The Wauwatosa Starbucks, 1417 N. Wauwatosa Ave., is closed until 5 p.m. because a woman drove her vehicle into the front of the store, causing minor injuries to one patron and damage to the building.
About 12:30 p.m., the driver was pulling her Toyota Camry into a parking spot, but drove over top of the parking block toward the store, said Lt. Joe Schwark of the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
The car hit an outdoor table, sending it through a window and into the store.
Two patrons were sitting at the table when the car struck it. One of them sustained minor abrasions to the leg, back and hip and was taken to a Froedtert Hospital, where the person was treated and released, a Wauwatosa Police Department spokesman said.
No other details were immediately available.
The car was towed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event