The Wauwatosa Starbucks, 1417 N. Wauwatosa Ave., is closed until 5 p.m. because a woman drove her vehicle into the front of the store, causing minor injuries to one patron and damage to the building.
About 12:30 p.m., the driver was pulling her Toyota Camry into a parking spot, but drove over top of the parking block toward the store, said Lt. Joe Schwark of the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
The car hit an outdoor table, sending it through a window and into the store.
Two patrons were sitting at the table when the car struck it. One of them sustained minor abrasions to the leg, back and hip and was taken to a Froedtert Hospital, where the person was treated and released, a Wauwatosa Police Department spokesman said.
No other details were immediately available.
The car was towed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director