The Wauwatosa Starbucks, 1417 N. Wauwatosa Ave., is closed until 5 p.m. because a woman drove her vehicle into the front of the store, causing minor injuries to one patron and damage to the building.
About 12:30 p.m., the driver was pulling her Toyota Camry into a parking spot, but drove over top of the parking block toward the store, said Lt. Joe Schwark of the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
The car hit an outdoor table, sending it through a window and into the store.
Two patrons were sitting at the table when the car struck it. One of them sustained minor abrasions to the leg, back and hip and was taken to a Froedtert Hospital, where the person was treated and released, a Wauwatosa Police Department spokesman said.
No other details were immediately available.
The car was towed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options