The Wauwatosa Plan Commission is recommending that Tobacco Outlet Plus be denied the opportunity to sell liquor, a 180-degree turn from how it handled a similar request from a wine shop going in right across the street.
On a 4-2 vote Monday, the panel said it opposes adding liquor to the shelves at Tobacco Outlet Plus, 11712 W. North Ave., which already sells cigarettes and beer.
"I've never understood what redeeming value Tobacco Outlet has in this neighborhood," Commissioner John Albert said.
He moved to recommend against the request on the basis that it could negatively impact the neighborhood and home values.
Last month the commission also delivered a 4-2 vote, that time in favor of Amandip Singh's request to open a wine, beer and liquor shop across the street from Tobacco Outlet Plus. The Common Council gave final approval to Singh on June 1 for the use, and the liquor license request is expected to come to the council next week for action.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30