A 20-year-old West Bend man was arrested for disorderly conduct, public intoxication and underage drinking Saturday after attempting to damage property at Spencer's Gifts at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Mall security officers contacted police at 7:20 p.m., after the man was found trying to break out a glass storefront inside Spencer's. Police removed the man from the store, and during questioning, he said he had consumed 13 bottles of vodka earlier in the day. He also told police he had been arrested for underage drinking four times previously.
The man was taken to the mall's booking room and on two occasions attempted to run away from officers. He was highly uncooperative and made a scene inside the mall. He used profane language and made some sexual comments directed at a female officer.
Because of the man's behavior, police did not photograph, fingerprint or perform a test to determine the man's blood-alcohol content at the mall booking room. He was taken to the Wauwatosa police station and later released to a relative.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?