A 20-year-old West Bend man was arrested for disorderly conduct, public intoxication and underage drinking Saturday after attempting to damage property at Spencer's Gifts at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Mall security officers contacted police at 7:20 p.m., after the man was found trying to break out a glass storefront inside Spencer's. Police removed the man from the store, and during questioning, he said he had consumed 13 bottles of vodka earlier in the day. He also told police he had been arrested for underage drinking four times previously.
The man was taken to the mall's booking room and on two occasions attempted to run away from officers. He was highly uncooperative and made a scene inside the mall. He used profane language and made some sexual comments directed at a female officer.
Because of the man's behavior, police did not photograph, fingerprint or perform a test to determine the man's blood-alcohol content at the mall booking room. He was taken to the Wauwatosa police station and later released to a relative.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition