A 20-year-old West Bend man was arrested for disorderly conduct, public intoxication and underage drinking Saturday after attempting to damage property at Spencer's Gifts at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Mall security officers contacted police at 7:20 p.m., after the man was found trying to break out a glass storefront inside Spencer's. Police removed the man from the store, and during questioning, he said he had consumed 13 bottles of vodka earlier in the day. He also told police he had been arrested for underage drinking four times previously.
The man was taken to the mall's booking room and on two occasions attempted to run away from officers. He was highly uncooperative and made a scene inside the mall. He used profane language and made some sexual comments directed at a female officer.
Because of the man's behavior, police did not photograph, fingerprint or perform a test to determine the man's blood-alcohol content at the mall booking room. He was taken to the Wauwatosa police station and later released to a relative.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words