A 16-year-old Wauwatosa boy was arrested Friday for possession of 1.2 grams of marijuana at Wauwatosa West High School, 11400 W. Center St.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy was called out of class about 2 p.m., after school administrators received an anonymous tip the boy had drugs. The boy initially denied the accusation, but two small bags of marijuana were found in his backpack.
He also had what appeared to be a drug ledger with sales goals. Among texts on the boy's cell phone were numerous messages that indicated the boy might be buying or selling marijuana on school property.
After extensive questioning, the boy confessed to police he had been buying marijuana from three students at the school and, at times, was selling some of his supply to other classmates. The boy told police he did this one to two times each week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?