A 16-year-old Wauwatosa boy was arrested Friday for possession of 1.2 grams of marijuana at Wauwatosa West High School, 11400 W. Center St.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy was called out of class about 2 p.m., after school administrators received an anonymous tip the boy had drugs. The boy initially denied the accusation, but two small bags of marijuana were found in his backpack.
He also had what appeared to be a drug ledger with sales goals. Among texts on the boy's cell phone were numerous messages that indicated the boy might be buying or selling marijuana on school property.
After extensive questioning, the boy confessed to police he had been buying marijuana from three students at the school and, at times, was selling some of his supply to other classmates. The boy told police he did this one to two times each week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 30
- Milwaukee teens charged for armed robbery in Mayfair bathroom
- Parents raise conflict of interest concerns about Wauwatosa School Board member (17)
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 30
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Chiropractor says it's not just about the spine