A homicide trial for a Wauwatosa man charged with killing his former girlfriend and then driving around with her body in his car for four days has been delayed.
Benjamin Germano, 32, had been scheduled to go on trial on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide Monday. His attorney, William Reddin, was granted a postponement until Aug. 23 after prosecutors turned over more investigative information to him.
Germano, who is in custody, is charged with strangling Sarah Rosio, on Jan. 13. The body of the 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in a West Allis storage unit.
Germano told friends he "snapped" after Rosio attacked him at his apartment in front of their daughter, a toddler, according to a criminal complaint.
He was arrested days later near New Castle, Colo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington County ranks among healthier counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?