A homicide trial for a Wauwatosa man charged with killing his former girlfriend and then driving around with her body in his car for four days has been delayed.
Benjamin Germano, 32, had been scheduled to go on trial on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide Monday. His attorney, William Reddin, was granted a postponement until Aug. 23 after prosecutors turned over more investigative information to him.
Germano, who is in custody, is charged with strangling Sarah Rosio, on Jan. 13. The body of the 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in a West Allis storage unit.
Germano told friends he "snapped" after Rosio attacked him at his apartment in front of their daughter, a toddler, according to a criminal complaint.
He was arrested days later near New Castle, Colo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open new Wauwatosa shop on Harwood Avenue
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7