A homicide trial for a Wauwatosa man charged with killing his former girlfriend and then driving around with her body in his car for four days has been delayed.
Benjamin Germano, 32, had been scheduled to go on trial on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide Monday. His attorney, William Reddin, was granted a postponement until Aug. 23 after prosecutors turned over more investigative information to him.
Germano, who is in custody, is charged with strangling Sarah Rosio, on Jan. 13. The body of the 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in a West Allis storage unit.
Germano told friends he "snapped" after Rosio attacked him at his apartment in front of their daughter, a toddler, according to a criminal complaint.
He was arrested days later near New Castle, Colo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?