A homicide trial for a Wauwatosa man charged with killing his former girlfriend and then driving around with her body in his car for four days has been delayed.
Benjamin Germano, 32, had been scheduled to go on trial on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide Monday. His attorney, William Reddin, was granted a postponement until Aug. 23 after prosecutors turned over more investigative information to him.
Germano, who is in custody, is charged with strangling Sarah Rosio, on Jan. 13. The body of the 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in a West Allis storage unit.
Germano told friends he "snapped" after Rosio attacked him at his apartment in front of their daughter, a toddler, according to a criminal complaint.
He was arrested days later near New Castle, Colo.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (3)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders