Jet's Pizza may debut in Wisconsin with a restaurant at Burleigh Square.
A month after a real estate developer declined to divulge the name of a potential tenant for the 2,000-square-foot space in the outlet building at 124th and Burleigh streets, he returned to the Wauwatosa Plan Commission with a name.
The Michigan-based pizza business has been expanding throughout the Midwest, recently opening stores in the northern Chicago suburbs.
Most of the restaurant's business is expected to come from carry-out and delivery orders. Jet's Pizza carries the typical sausage and pepperoni pies, but customers also can choose some fancier flavors like BLT, barbecue chicken and chicken Parmesan.
The crust options - poppyseed, Cajun and butter, for instance - set the eatery apart from other pizza places, according to the company's website.
In addition to pizza, Jet's sells subs, salads, chicken wings and "boats," which most people call calzones.
Before Jet's can start taking orders, it must get the OK from the Community Development Committee and Common Council. The plans are expected to be reviewed by the CDC on June 29.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30