Jet's Pizza may debut in Wisconsin with a restaurant at Burleigh Square.
A month after a real estate developer declined to divulge the name of a potential tenant for the 2,000-square-foot space in the outlet building at 124th and Burleigh streets, he returned to the Wauwatosa Plan Commission with a name.
The Michigan-based pizza business has been expanding throughout the Midwest, recently opening stores in the northern Chicago suburbs.
Most of the restaurant's business is expected to come from carry-out and delivery orders. Jet's Pizza carries the typical sausage and pepperoni pies, but customers also can choose some fancier flavors like BLT, barbecue chicken and chicken Parmesan.
The crust options - poppyseed, Cajun and butter, for instance - set the eatery apart from other pizza places, according to the company's website.
In addition to pizza, Jet's sells subs, salads, chicken wings and "boats," which most people call calzones.
Before Jet's can start taking orders, it must get the OK from the Community Development Committee and Common Council. The plans are expected to be reviewed by the CDC on June 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director