Bryant & Stratton College hopes to expand its Wauwatosa facility due to its successful nursing program.
In 2004, the college signed a lease to operate out of 33,000 square feet of the building at 10950 W. Potter Road. Since then, the Wauwatosa campus added another 12,000 square feet in 2007, making the latest request its second expansion.
The 13,000-square-foot growth would remain within the existing building, but the college would occupy more than 50 percent of the space, college representatives told the Plan Commission on Monday. The only noticeable changes would be a second entrance and some windows on the building's south side.
Wauwatosa Plan Commission supported the expansion, so the proposal will go to the Community Development Committee on June 29.
Since opening the Wauwatosa campus, the school has added nursing degrees with more than 90 percent of graduates obtaining licenses and employment, said Peter Pavone, college director. The campus offers nearly 20 different programs including accounting, criminal justice and information technology.
Bryant & Stratton also operates locations in Milwaukee and Glendale.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23