Bryant & Stratton College hopes to expand its Wauwatosa facility due to its successful nursing program.
In 2004, the college signed a lease to operate out of 33,000 square feet of the building at 10950 W. Potter Road. Since then, the Wauwatosa campus added another 12,000 square feet in 2007, making the latest request its second expansion.
The 13,000-square-foot growth would remain within the existing building, but the college would occupy more than 50 percent of the space, college representatives told the Plan Commission on Monday. The only noticeable changes would be a second entrance and some windows on the building's south side.
Wauwatosa Plan Commission supported the expansion, so the proposal will go to the Community Development Committee on June 29.
Since opening the Wauwatosa campus, the school has added nursing degrees with more than 90 percent of graduates obtaining licenses and employment, said Peter Pavone, college director. The campus offers nearly 20 different programs including accounting, criminal justice and information technology.
Bryant & Stratton also operates locations in Milwaukee and Glendale.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?