Resurfacing work on Burleigh Street from Knoll Terrace to Mayfair Road is expected to begin next week. The stretch of Burleigh to be overhauled is dotted with potholes, despite the fact the city did seal coating work in the area about five years ago to try to remedy the problems.
Federal stimulus dollars will be used to fund the project. The resurfacing effort was a part of Wauwatosa's five-year capital improvement project list, but was bumped up from 2011 when word came that it was eligible for federal stimulus money.
During the construction, traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction.
The project should be completed by September.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23