Resurfacing work on Burleigh Street from Knoll Terrace to Mayfair Road is expected to begin next week. The stretch of Burleigh to be overhauled is dotted with potholes, despite the fact the city did seal coating work in the area about five years ago to try to remedy the problems.
Federal stimulus dollars will be used to fund the project. The resurfacing effort was a part of Wauwatosa's five-year capital improvement project list, but was bumped up from 2011 when word came that it was eligible for federal stimulus money.
During the construction, traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction.
The project should be completed by September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings