Resurfacing work on Burleigh Street from Knoll Terrace to Mayfair Road is expected to begin next week. The stretch of Burleigh to be overhauled is dotted with potholes, despite the fact the city did seal coating work in the area about five years ago to try to remedy the problems.
Federal stimulus dollars will be used to fund the project. The resurfacing effort was a part of Wauwatosa's five-year capital improvement project list, but was bumped up from 2011 when word came that it was eligible for federal stimulus money.
During the construction, traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction.
The project should be completed by September.
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week