Resurfacing work on Burleigh Street from Knoll Terrace to Mayfair Road is expected to begin next week. The stretch of Burleigh to be overhauled is dotted with potholes, despite the fact the city did seal coating work in the area about five years ago to try to remedy the problems.
Federal stimulus dollars will be used to fund the project. The resurfacing effort was a part of Wauwatosa's five-year capital improvement project list, but was bumped up from 2011 when word came that it was eligible for federal stimulus money.
During the construction, traffic will be restricted to one lane in each direction.
The project should be completed by September.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety